Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Sequel was better?

The Maze Runner by James Dashner was a book I read over a year ago. I remember it was confusing to understand at first but I get angry at myself if I don't finish a book, even ones that I don't like that much. But, it's not like I didn't like The Maze Runner, it just was hard to understand in the beginning. But after the hazy confusion passed it was a pretty good ride. I love when an author creates a whole new world. A boy named Thomas wakes up in a lift and the only thing he can remember is his first name. He enters a world that other boys sent there before him call the Glade. Every morning walls that surround the Glade open up and at night they close. Every 30 days a new boy comes through the lift, but the day after Thomas shows up a surprise comes out of the lift, a girl! The first girl ever to come to the Glade shakes up everything with the message that she brings.


At the end of the book it was pretty evident that there was going to be a second, so of course I had to see what happened to the gang in The Scorch Trials. We learn more about the mysterious WICKED, the group who sent the teens into the Maze. I don't want to give away the plot but I just wanted to say that The Scorch Trials was even more intense then The Maze Runner! The story line seems to make more sense but there are still so many questions that are left unanswered, so of course there is a third book, which is called The Death Cure and it is scheduled to come out around October of next year. Can't wait!
Also, this is coming from James Dashner's blog, http://jamesdashner.blogspot.com/, if you live in the following cities/states: Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Washington D.C and San Francisco, and are planning to see the new Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, you might be viewing a book trailer for The Maze Runner trilogy before the movie. You also might receive a DVD that has a longer book trailer and other promotional materials for his books.
It just so happens that I'm planning to go to see Harry Potter this week, so, hopefully I'll get a copy of the DVD!

No comments:

Post a Comment