Monday, November 8, 2010

First Book Review! If I Stay by Gayle Forman

There are books that stay trapped inside your memory and heart for a long time, maybe forever. I read If I Stay about over a year ago and I still think about how much I enjoyed reading it. I picked up the book without really knowing what the book was about. I'm the kind of person who judges a book by it's cover. Yeah, I know you're not suppose to do that, it's a bad habit that I must break soon. The cover was so simple, a almost bare tree branch with one red flower against a robin blue sky. I had no idea the journey I would be taking as soon as I started reading. The story follows the life of seventeen year old Mia. She has a loving mother and father and a younger brother, who like her, share a love of music, even though they all like different genres. Mia is a talented cellist who has a passion for classical music and the rest of her family love good old rock and roll. Mia also has a adoring boyfriend who is an up incoming rock star.
So, it seems that Mia has it all, but it will all change one day on a family road trip that takes a disastrous turn. Now Mia is stuck and must make the most important decision of her life.
I never want to give away any big details and especially not the ending. So, to find out the decision that Mia makes, check out the book, and believe me it is totally worth it!
It's the book that has it all, love, family, music, and the choices that we make in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment