Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

Mackie Doyle lives in a world that is not his own; the small town of Gentry. But, see, Mackie isn't one of us, he comes from a world of tunnels, black waters and living dead girls. He is what the people of Gentry call a "Replacement." He was left in a human crib sixteen years ago. He has never fit in and is now because of his allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, is slowly dying.
I first saw the cover of The Replacement on a website a few months before it was released and I knew I just HAD to read it. The cover is just unbelievably badass. The cover designer, Natalie Sousa did an amazing job.
Even though I thought that it was a good book, I was kind of let down in certain parts. I think that the book should have explained the "Replacement world" a little bit more. The little of their world that was showed sounded like a scene out of a Tim Burton movie and the underworld "Replacement" characters were spooky, yet likable.
I actually think that it would be an amazing movie that Tim Burton should maybe consider filming?

No comments:

Post a Comment